Welcome to Kingdom Kids blog

Be inspire and continue your walk in God's kingdom. Always be reminded of the goodness of God. Jesus Christ gave up his life on Calvary so that everyone would have the opportunity to become "kingdom kids".

Sunday, March 23, 2014

He restoreth my soul

I woke up this morning and the first thing I did was get on social media then I heard the voice of The Lord say, "See you haven't spent no time with me". Instantly, I put it away and began to pray..  While in prayer I begin to recite Psalms 23 but I knew there was a verse I was missing when reciting it so I opened up my bible to read it.

Psalm 23
1The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
Verse 3 is what I was missing, seems that is always the verse I can't remember.  The phrase "restoreth my soul" stood out to me and I began to study out the scriptures to get a better meaning of it.  Restore means to "turn back" and Soul means "the person, your inner you, your emotions, your will, you mind'.

So God was saying to me he is the one that can turn me back...my inner being my mind, will and emotions.   Circumstances  has cause much doubt fear and worry in my mimd and even though I knew the only way out was through Jesus Christ,  it has been easier said than done.  TodayGod has reassured me that I can be restored through the law (his instructions) that are perfect (whole ,has nothing missing).  I can once again be free In Him, How? By abiding in his law because it Restores My Soul!

Psalm 19:7 says, 
The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul...

Scripture says that the law, which is God's plan to life is perfect  that there is nothing missing in it . It is WHOLE and it turns back my inner self to where I am to be in Him but I must be in His Word daily.  I tried reading the word some of the time didn't work out so well. That just leaves room for the enemy to get in and destroy the image of who I am in Christ Jesus.  Usually doubt, fear, worry, guilt, regret, sadness, frustration gets in and tears down the image God has established in us. But we have to be disciplined and do what Joshua 1:8 says, 

8This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
9Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

God is with us no matter where we are at, there is no getting away from him. That's why even when I feel I am at my lowest God still speaks to me.  He told me today spend time with me, just so he can fill me with encouragement by reminding me who He is and who I am in Him.  Wow that is just loving and kind of Him, I love that he loves me that much.  And he loves you just as much. 

John 15:7 says,
If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

Go ahead and try God today, doesn't matter how you are FEELING, because you are walking by faith not your feelings.  As you read his word it will restore your soul, get into God's word today and hear him speak to you, it will be worth your time.  It was definitely worth mines. Besides, what do you have to lose?


Keep the Faith!
Remember...God is WithU4U





No comments: