Welcome to Kingdom Kids blog

Be inspire and continue your walk in God's kingdom. Always be reminded of the goodness of God. Jesus Christ gave up his life on Calvary so that everyone would have the opportunity to become "kingdom kids".

Saturday, July 13, 2013

JUSTICE???

First shock then anger then pain, is what I felt when I heard the verdict for the Trayvon Martin case.  A child is dead and the person who did it can walk away because of how he "felt".  Many different thoughts bombarded my mind.  First a  family lost their son, brother, friend and now (it seems to me) the  hope they had of justice being served.  I can see still see the face of his mom sitting in that court room,  such courage is what I saw looking at her.  But I am sure  inside other emotions are what she felt.  The look on his fathers face as if he was thinking, just give me my son back, let all of this not be real.

But God was there.

I remembered my cousin who was shot down on the streets walking home from the store and no one has ever been brought to justice for his death.  Died to young,  It reminded me also of 2 elderly men (family members) traveling from Georgia back to Michigan.  The one man drove picked up his friend in Georgia to bring him back to Michigan to visit family and friends that the other one had previously moved away from.  Two men, black men that had lived through so many unfair, controversial injustices of this world but survived.  Only to find one dead and the other on the side of the road, with evidence of a blow to his head.  Delusional and clearly traumatized by the events that led to his friends death.  Events  that he would never be able to talk about.  He died a few years later taking what happened that day with him.

Yet again I believe God was there.

I think of my son, nephews and future grandsons and I pray to God they will be protected and their lives will not be shortened by the hand of another person. I think of my daughters, nieces and future granddaughters that they too will be protected from the evil in this world.  I began to ask God what is going on, what can be done, how am I suppose to express the feelings that are going on inside of me.  What do I say to my child that is so angry at the outcome, who also learned today of a former classmate that died TOO YOUNG, and another classmate whose mom died TOO YOUNG.

I pray!

That is the only thing that helps me in my time of need. When I say the name Jesus things happen in the atmosphere!  God there is so much pain in this world, there are so many questions that are being asked that needs answering.  There is so much pain in my heart right now, I just want to scream to the top of my lungs in order to set things right.  But I know that won't change nothing that transpired today.

It won't bring back Trayvon, or Chris (my cousin), or Mr. Thomas (the elderly man killed). A respectful law abiding man that was pulled over by a suburban police car who claimed they let him go with a warning.  But he never made it to his destination.  Only to be found dead on the side of the road near some railroad tracks.

It also won't bring back Mr. Ernest (the man traumatized) one of my grandfathers best friends, a man he knew as a child, a man that I knew my whole life.  Who was just coming back for a visit but ended up in the hospital and having to be told his friend was dead. Killed! All he remembered was being pulled over, sat down on the ground, and hearing Mr. Thomas talking back to the police that were not speaking kind words to him, and that didn't seemed to like what answers they were getting back.  Why? We still don't know why.

But I have to believe God was there.


I can, I will,  pray! I will pray for all involved.  I will call on the name of Jesus when I feel overwhelmed with pain, anger and confusion, and when I need answers.    I will pray for those mourning the lost of loves ones. I will also pray for those that know things that need to be told, so that justice will be served.  If not in the worlds judicial system it will be served in God's Kingdom!  Nothing is done that God does not know about.   I was always told what was done in the dark will come to the light.  Scripture says it like this,



17 For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad.                  Luke 8:17

Keep God first in your life, and remember He is WITHU4U

Keep The Faith!

Love,
K. Smith














No comments: