Welcome to Kingdom Kids blog

Be inspire and continue your walk in God's kingdom. Always be reminded of the goodness of God. Jesus Christ gave up his life on Calvary so that everyone would have the opportunity to become "kingdom kids".

Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Experience of a Kingdom Kid

I'm so excited right now I just heard the most inspiring story from my cousin and wanted to share.  Her daughter attends a Christian dance school and their recital was the other day. Of course she did fabulous I mean it's in the genes.  LOL! Well when she was finished she was receiving her flowers and getting congratulations from all her family and friends. 

In the midst of the excitement my cousin noticed her son crying.  They began to ask him what was wrong, she thought maybe he was looking for attention since everyone was focused on his sister. But that wasn't the case, he began to tell his little sister how proud he was of her.  His sister had this look on her face of such concern for him. I wish I could show you the pictures of him full with emotion crying, her looking at him like she just want to fix what is wrong.  But that's not all. 

He told his mother later, "I felt God today and I know now I'm saved."
Can you say with me HALLELUJAH!!!!  Glory to God!

This is a life changing moment in his life.  I believe he is 10 his sister is either 7 or 8 (I'm terrible with ages, sorry).  But when I was told by his mother what he experienced it brought tears to my eyes and joy into my heart.  I immediately thought he's a "kingdom kid". 

Also it's great that they were able to catch this moment with pictures, those pictures will forever be a reminder to him when he personally knew God for himself. Priceless!  To me the pictures are a true image of a "kingdom kid". Someone that has been translated out of darkness into the kingdom of God's dear son... I Colossian 1:13.  He felt himself being moved from one place to another in his heart.  WOW! that gives me goose bumps it such a overwhelming feeling of joy and peace just thinking about what he experienced.  Isn't that awesome a young man gave his heart to the Lord,  he is officially a KINGDOM KID!   I am rejoicing! 

What's also great is he shared that moment with is mother.  He didn't want to tell anyone else at that time he only wanted to share it with his mom.  He did tell her he would tell his dad later, and the next day or so he told his aunt. I know that brought so much joy and peace to her.  I'm overjoyed that she thought to share it with me.  I try to always stand on the Word of God in all situations, and do things according to his word. So for her to call me and share that moment with me was an honor.  I really needed some encouragement today it was a sad day for me, thinking of my dad.  But I have been reminded life continues, that there are people out there that need to experienced the love of God.  So prayer and ministering God's word must continue. 

Later on I talked to his aunt, she's the one that sent me the pictures.  She said her nephew told her when the kids were dancing to "Take Me to the King" by Tamela Mann, he felt (inside of himself) like he had went to see the King.  That was his moment and no one can take it away from him. I think it's a beautiful thing that he will be able to pinpoint that moment in his life when he came to know the Lord for himself.   

My prayer is that all of mankind will have a moment like my cousin did.  That they will hear a song, see a dance or hear some words that will guide them to give their hearts to Jesus Christ and accept him as their Savior and become Kingdom Kids!   Please continue to uplift those that don't know God as well as those that know him but need to experience Holy Spirit. 

To my cousin I say thank you.  Thank you for sharing such an intimate moment in your life.  I am encouraged to continue to move in the direction God has for me.

Keep The Faith and
Remember God is WithU4U

Love,
K. Smith

 

No comments: