Welcome to Kingdom Kids blog

Be inspire and continue your walk in God's kingdom. Always be reminded of the goodness of God. Jesus Christ gave up his life on Calvary so that everyone would have the opportunity to become "kingdom kids".

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thoughts of peace....

I heard God speak to me this morning, he told me to read Jer. 29:11 and I will see something new this time.  Now Jer. 29:11 is one of the first scripture I ever memorized and my favorite.  So I was curious when I heard God say to me read it again.  Lately I have been indecisive about a lot things in my life and haven't really been studying or praying like I should. So I opened my bible and began to read:

Jer.29:11
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
 
The word "peace" is highlighted in my bible, seems like I am always praying for peace.  Then I was told me to look up that word on blueletter.com which I did, and thisis what it states:
Peace is translateld shalowm or shalam. It's also a verb which is expressed as an action, an occurrence, or a state of being. Now these are ways this word has been used in scripture:
1) to be in a covenant of peace, be at peace
a) (Qal)
1) to be at peace
2) peaceful one (participle)
b) (Pual) one in covenant of peace (participle)
c) (Hiphil)
1) to make peace with
2) to cause to be at peace
d) (Hophal) to live in peace
2) to be complete, be sound
a) (Qal)
1) to be complete, be finished, be ended
2) to be sound, be uninjured
b) (Piel)
1) to complete, finish
2) to make safe
3) to make whole or good, restore, make compensation
4) to make good, pay
5) to requite, recompense, reward

Now I know that is a long list, but then I said Lord I know this (only because he had me study it before) what is the something new you want me to see?  Feeling discouraged I began to surf the net reading some emails ended up on Youtube and found this testimony from Fred Hammond (a christian) please take a look at it below then you will know why I list all the definitions of the word "peace".  This testimony is a perfect example of ...I know the thoughts (plan, purpose, device) I think towards you... thoughts (plans, purpose, device) of peace (restoration, wholeness, repayment, no injury, safety etc).
God thoughts he had for Fred Hammond was thoughts for him to be complete, finished, restored, made whole, requite (avenge, repay), for him to be uninjured, safe! That scripture with this testimony became so much more hopeful to me when I studied it today.  God always has a plan for us just when we need it.  He knew I not only needed to read that word study the meaning again but he also gave me a visual to connect with it.  Some may feel I just should have gotten the revelation by reading and praying and fasting, and maybe I should have but God meets us where we are at.  He knew exactly what I needed. 

Whew! that is just awesome to me and the Word of God says in Acts 10:34 God is no respector of person.  Therefore what he did for him He will do the same for us, that word belongs to you and I. So be at peace my brother & sisters in Christ God has great plans for us, and they are thoughts of peace and not of evil to give us an expected end!

Keep the faith!
Remember God is WITHU4U
K. Smith











No comments: